Sunday, February 22, 2009

Welcome Mrs. Kho



So, finally Chet is officially called Mrs Kho.

Being one of my best friend for more than 7 years and still counting (we are going to have dinner for some gossip, heh), whom I definitely see and talk to more than my own mother.

Our laboratory used to be as close as just an opposite building. Though we hardly see each other, but will keep each other checked once every few weeks (months). Is very natural for us to think: Oh it's time to have a lunch at the staff canteen. So we spent 1 hour to see each other. We hardly chat more than that, because we don't have the luxury for a lunch more than 60 minutes.

She used to scolded me donkey, because I complaint the jacket she wears is so weird that it looks like she is naked inside. I don't remember she wear that again.

When I was late for lecture, she is the one that shouted from the other side of the block to wake me up. She is so discipline and motivated that I knew I must on my toe. Maybe sometimes she is a very motherly friend to me.

The last trip we had together was when we first graduated, and went to Sabah. And that was exactly when we get addicted with the bloody German Bridge and still crazy about it when we came back from the trip.

The strangest thing is, she is a pretty girl made-in-Penang. For the past few years when i went to Penang for CNY, my attempt to visit her failed miserably because she doesn't know the way. She is effectively a Singaporean now, so i don't think it matters anymore.



In my MSN friend list, she is one of those VIP in my group of "favourite". Very ba-bai one. She always does just enough to make my day. Not just because I am proud to have a soon-to-be Dr. Chuah in my MSN, but Chet is a good mate.

By the way, it is "Chuah", not "Chua". You will learn her prowess if you do so.

I tried.

No comments: