Sunday, June 1, 2008

New office

I've been in the new office for a week. I mean, new job.

To tell the truth, I am still not very used to sit in the office eating a lot a lot of emails. And there it was obviously too short a week for anything dramatic to happen. So all I want to tell is nothing happen. hahahahaha.

Well, adapted to the company culture is the thing, and still on the way. like it or not, somethings need to be earn and never be demanded, especially you are so dame new, ie 1 week old. So I am perfectly fine with certain differences. And got pretty girl, which is an important x-factor to the office environment because eyes candy is an motivation. :P

And nowadays I need to iron my shirts and wear a formal wear that i never wear for ages. And, wear like an office guy make a difference too. I mean, the way you carry yourself determine how other look at you. Last friday I was walking around because I was a little early for a dinner gathering (damn they were late!). When I stop in front of a shop selling a lot of plasma TV or LCD, one of the TV facing the walkway was showing Ice-Age. since I have nothing better to do, I stand there to watch, at the middle of the walk way... I am sure you know what I mean. haha.

10 times out of 10 times no one will bother me. but not this time. I think I was wearing too decent (and too old) to just stand there watching the damn cartoon. Immediately their sales person were asking about buying TV. They thought I was watching TV. i mean, see the TV. So as usual I was about to leave after throwing the line "it's ok thanks. Am just looking around". and 10 times out of 10 times I should be able to walk away and, nothing happen.

He was so persistent in presenting me their best offer that I can't even walk away. don't tell me if I want to I can, I knew it, but just can;t, ok? He walked me around several brand of plasma TVs. Then he stopped in front of this SHARP LCD and started his well-phrased introduction. all the big words come out, world leader, world class, latest technology. Something I heard everyday reading science articles. I bet he may not know what is the technology besides the "latest" technology. well but I am not in the mood to go there. So since I have sometime I was entertained him by anyhow asking questions like how much, any freebies, delivery charges, warranty etc.

Until I have nothing else to ask and he has nothing else to talk, I said thank you and want to go home think about it first. come on, we all know this is polite talk. even if i really interested, this is not chicken rice you spent 2.50 bucks can? we don't spent 2.5k buy plasma TV in the time frame enough for a pack of chicken rice!! He was so aggressive that suggest me to put down 100 bucks deposit because I said I really need to discuss with my wife (what a lame self-rescue excuse!!) and half joking saying "you know la, women is garang..." kinda of thing.

Then he started to lost patient and in a very snobbish tone, "this is the last piece ok, next time if you come back I can't give you the same offer unless you pay the deposit now. and if your wife don't like this you can change to other products in our shop". what the hell. I was not in the mood to wrestle with him, I am going to leave NOW.

NO thanks was all he gets. and what else can you do? after your pretend you have a possessive and fierce wife you still cannot get away!! I am so defeated!!

argh.

No comments: