Sunday, June 8, 2008

Germany

I am half way packing and it makes me feel annoyed and uneasy because this is my first business trip. I mean, training trip in a place called Bergisch Gladbach in Cologne, Germany. I spent long time to remember and pronounce this bloody "Bergisch Gladbach", try it yourself if you can. i bet after 24 hours you can only remember B.G. How can you feel comfortable when you can't even get the name of your destination correct?

I have so much to prepare. everyone told me what to expect and expect me to do what. mainly about Germany, and the German. Really not much on boarding and airport, but that's my own obiang kampung problem because I hardly travel with flight (and if I haven't tell anyone, actually I missed the flight last month from Penang to Singapore). So it ended up with CH to tell me how to check-in online and to choose the seat.

Also, 30% of my luggage space is not my stuff. A minimalist like me won't be carry a lot of things around. Of course this is business trip so I wun be crying even if I need to bring a (extra)laptop...and it is not part of the 30%. It's "their" parcels. For all sort of departments that not much to do with me. Is just a favour. a plain one. New bird mah, i will take it.

In the nutshell, all including myself have certain expectation of my performance in the training, either due to my technical background, or for PR and diplomatic purpose. Or a mixture of both. Apparently Asia Pacific office somehow not having great relationship with ppl in Germany HQ. Average at best.

As far as i understand, partly is due to technical inferiority in Singapore office. I think they hope I can change the German's perception, at least show them Singapore office is developing that area. So I must not only not buang muka, must claim back some pride too(!!). Better if I can checkmate them, although is unlikely....I dun want end up worry about how to build a ladder for them escape. (yes! i am genius! not that i dun want checkmate them ok :P)

Frankly. I can't feel the excitement (or worry) at all. I can't even feel it with 2 days left to fly. Until yesterday. Now the delayed-apprehensiveness started to strike. what the hell. Well, every time I feel nervous. I think of everyone I know that gone through tough situation. And that is because I am actually a fan of some of my friends. I certainly admire them.

OK, get back to my packing!!

No comments: