Friday, October 31, 2008

Home again

Already several times in this German small town, I finally have some geographical sense of it, thank to my adventurous instinct on Monday. It is a small town called Immekeppel. If taking taxi, you have to tell him going by Untereschbach...yah, it is hard to pronounce, wooon-ta-A-kh-bah. Too much throat voice required to speak German.

I went there twice before, in June and September. This time I went for a training from a different department, which is supposed to be my "full time department". The people are so very different from research department. Maybe the team is small that I feel so much attended by them. and i definitely having better experience and enjoy myself there.

Sometimes I feel quite uncomfortable with some of the German because they are so proud to the extend that is unreasonable. And probably in their eyes, it is always "United States, Germany and the rest of the world". It just can't help but make me wonder if they were really as superior as they claim.

After all, maybe not all German is as typical and stereotype as it seems.

And finally i am home. And another daunting task is awaiting.

Switch back the biological clock.

No comments: