Sunday, August 8, 2010

Life after Pakistan

Karachi showed early sign of restoring on Thursday late evening, and by Friday it was almost back to normal as the street were again filled with extremely high number of people/vehicles, and all gas station were resumed. Plus, all of them were on their way to get the petrol as well as to pray - it's Friday.

My flight was 1125pm on Friday but by 925pm I was still in the hospital that was 15min away from hotel; and hotel was 5min drive from Airport. We thought that was OK because there were not many vehicles on the street the past 2 days, until we were trapped in the traffic.



We finally reached hotel at 10pm. Damn first my card was expired because it was a late check out; second my room handle koyak so I need (to wait for) them to use manual key to open my door; third the reception staff took 10 mins to done my check out after I came down (so they didn't do anything when I was stuck with the koyak door!!). It was 1030pm already.

On the route to airport, the queue of the cars was damn long for security check as car without flight passenger were prohibited to enter. Again it happened at the departure hall entrance. It was 11pm by the time we were cleared. The Thai Airway check in counter showed the boarding time was 2245.

I am sure we were riding a lot on luck. Not sure how much left in my pocket now.

To make a combo x 2 turbo, the new death continued and the flood (again) strike right after I left.



2 comments:

Unknown said...

Despite all that. You still managed to get back home in one piece. Well done bro.

Good to have you home.

miauching said...

Yea, a precious yet unenviable experience - No need to go after on purpose but great to feel it if you were there.

And of course good to be at home. =)