Friday, April 10, 2009

Manchester

I went to Manchester with nothing more than meet up with 2 of my old buddies. Hmm, maybe some Old Trafford factor is inevitable. (haha!)



It has been a very very very long time. Maybe 10 years or more. We were so young back then aha.

Everyone doesn't change much except YX. She kept saying she was f-a-t in the past but I don't remember she was that heavy. i only remember she suddenly lost a lot of weight during her days in Hk or something like that. Still not very used to calling her Maxine but I guess just like some friends never call me Joe. Joe is for the friends of different stage.

Anyway, we didn't have very exciting weekend. I guess HC is rather surprise as I didn't have any plan to go anywhere (except Old Traffrord). Even I didn't manage to see the holy Trafford pitch.

Of course i was quite sad about it. But that should be a blessing in disguise. I shall spare my first Old Trafford match experience with real devil kaki. If you are one, book me and we will go together.



We went to Chinatown for some dim sum and really affordable. It was £14.70 for 3 people that we almost cannot finished. We have at least 7-8 courses including a damn big plate of noodles. Of course the best one is the cake shop nearby, with those 油炸鬼, soya bean and egg tart, best. Thanks to HC.

HC has a very strong personality that me and YX were discussed about after we got back to Disbury. (ok, that's gossip). Even after 10 years she was extremely calm and cool when we meet. But she is practically another person as you perceive it. I heard the explosive laugh again after 10 years. I admire that gesture.



This is the very special cake shop we spent many hours there. And we went there twice. We really have nothing better to do and probably enjoy very much about it - everyone is so tired at work, no exhausting weekend. haha.

HC has a funny dog, his name is Charlie. She is damn fierce to him, always scolding, macam damn hard to control like that. Maybe that's why he pees both ways - the guy way and the girl way - very confusing. But HC like him very much. She posted this photo as her profile in FB...haha. i think she loves this.



I did spent some time on my own and walked into the Manchester Museum. i love this.



Those Mancunian have a lot of pride in their city, it's so obvious from the art work. Can you see/smell/sense/feel the pride in this? ahaha.



And what i love about Manchester is, everyone associate themselves with Old Trafford like their own backyard at home. Even at the airport of Manchester, the officer almost let her guard off completely after the word Old Trafford came out from my mouth. Love it. (YX may beg to differ, she doesn't understand~ha).

The weather is gorgeous, the people is nice, the company is awesome - it was a well-deserved 5 stars weekend. Felt so empty and lost after i get back to the hotel in Bergisch Gladbach, Köln. And get back to work is hard at that point of time. It was really difficult.

And as the season changed, the winter is over and the sunny spring is right here.

No comments: