Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Hong Kong

Hong Kong is one of my most visited countries in the past 2 years.

Looking back, it felt like a time capsule because things changed and I witness all of them first hand.

One very special reason is KS. I just don't feel Hong Kong was the same, and as close as it was anymore. It seems like I primarily associate places and countries with people whom I know.

My cousin was a form-6-to-be the first time I went. Her progress moved along with my visit and by now, she is an undergradute in Hong Kong University of Science and Technology. She is even going to finish her first semester.

And for once, I realized myself have never look at Hong Kong properly, from a tourist point of view. In fact, I might feel like an expatriate living in Hong Kong every time I go there. My mood never turned "tourist" altogether. I did "see", "feel" and "enjoy" Hong Kong from the eyes of a foreigner "living" there.

What's more, this is likely to be my last trip in Hong Kong before I finish serving my notice.

Maybe when I go to Hong Kong again next time, it will be a holiday. Then the water may taste nicer with fragrance as its name suggested - 香江。

2 comments:

Unknown said...

hong kong hong kong. it's always gotta be special place for us i guess :)

miauching said...

Sure. The days of free dinner is over